Monday, October 25, 2010

Another day, another platoon


The Marines of Platoon 2106 are nearing the end of their 10-day liberty, awaiting the start of Marine Combat Training at Camp Pendleton.

Their Oct. 15 graduation made room at MCRD for another platoon, and reporter Tony Perry and photographer Walt Skalij, both of the Los Angeles Times, were there when anxious recruits first stepped on the yellow footprints ready to join "something bigger than themselves."

Here's a link to the story:
http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-boot-camp-20101024,0,3415946,full.story

1 comment:

  1. Funny stuff, You graduated Oct 15th, I arrived Oct 18th and that picture is my company, Lima. Like you, Im also a Marine Musician, I leave tomorrow morning for Pendleton for MCT. Your blog has really given me some insight to what its going to be like. I assume your at the SOM now judging by the timeline. Hope to see you there.

    ReplyDelete