Sunday, July 4, 2010

First Post -- 15 Days Until Marine Corps Boot Camp

As my first entry, I would like to thank you all for visiting my blog. Here are a couple important dates (keep in mind, anything can change):
  • Monday, July 19th, 2010 -- When I "ship" to boot camp.
  • Friday, October 15th, 2010 -- My scheduled graduation date.
I will be attending recruit training at Marine Corps Recruit Depot San Diego for 13 weeks, or 3 months. I will have no access to any electronics, including: computer, TV, video games, or cell phone. My only form of communication will be by snail mail -- hand-written letters -- the old-fashioned way. Because of this handicap, I'm sure that I won't be able to fully respond to every letter I receive during training. While I'm gone, my dad will post excepts from my letters, along with general information about what I'm doing that day or week. I'm EXTREMELY excited to allow you, my family and friends, to be up-to-date and "in the know" with what is going down.

Thank you for reading, and feel free to leave comments or subscribe.

-Josh

1 comment: