Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Mom's Mini-Blog

For many months, I've known Josh would be going to Boot Camp...but lately that thought changes my perspective on everything...Like "I should bring him a bowl of fresh fruit salad, because he won't be having anyone waiting on him in boot camp" or "I'll fold his clothes (he must put them away) since he'll be having to take care of his own clothes in boot camp." Yes, I'm the mom and must learn to let him go. When I look at him and talk to him, I DO know he is ready.

Like his Dad, the practical jokes at the dinner table that have gotten him sent to the kitchen to eat by himself, will be missed. (I've not wanted his brothers to choke when laughing and now fully expect his brothers to come up with their own ways to crack everyone up). I absolutely loved our conversations back and forth from Vista when I'd take him to countless band practices, football games, and concerts. Those will be precious memories...but I KNOW new memories are coming. I can smile thinking of seeing him for the first time in his "dress blues" because I will know he's made his dream come true. What more could any mother want for their son!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment